PART 1 and 2: Key Terms – Locate these 15 words in the article (but do not underline or highlight them) then define each word using dictionary.com. Then, select five of the most difficult words in this list to write your own sentence using that selected word.
Summons, Impulse, Malpractice, Vivid, Provisions, Staunch, Aspects, Inevitable, Decency, Elaborately, Commitment, Dilapidated, Persistent, Prevail, Manifest
PART 3: Questions
- What discrimination did Tyler Perry face in his own hometown when he was younger?
- How did this discrimination shape Tyler Perry’s views and his perspective on Martin Luther King’s struggles?
- How do you think Tyler Perry’s way of handling discrimination related to how Martin Luther King’s dealt with the same issue? How does it differ?
- Tyler Perry is a very successful entertainer and famous person; what is the importance of his reflection on Martin Luther King and why do you think it’s important to him and society as a whole?
- What do you think are some kinds of discrimination that occur today? How do you think people like Tyler Perry and others who have influence can continue the teachings of Martin Luther King?
PART 4: Summary
Write a brief 100+ word essay on the article you just read and use some of the key terms found in Part 1.
PS: Sorry the assignment was not issued during the month of February